On behalf of the City of St. Louis and Forest Park Forever, we look forward to your visit. Here is some information we hope you will find helpful. As a point of orientation, we are using the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center (5595 Grand Drive) as your ultimate destination:
- From the north: Travel on 1-70 East to exit 244A for Union Blvd. Turn right onto Union Blvd., traveling for about 3.5 miles until you enter the Park. Turn right onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will be on your right, with parking on your left.
- From the south via Kingshighway Boulevard: Travel north on Kingshighway Blvd. Turn left onto West Pine Blvd followed by a left onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will be on your right, with parking on your left.
- From the south via I-44 and Hampton Ave: Take I-44 to Hampton Ave. Turn right onto Hampton Ave. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Concourse Drive. At the next traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Washington Drive. Turn right onto Government Drive. Turn left onto Pagoda Circle. Turn left onto Cricket Drive (parking will be on your left). Turn left onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will be on your right.
- From the east: Take Interstate 64/Highway 40 west to exit 36A/B Kingshighway Blvd. Turn right to travel north on Kingshighway Blvd. Turn left onto West Pine Dr. Turn left into onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will eventually be on your right, with parking on your left.
- From the west: Take Interstate 64/Highway 40 east to exit 33C for McCausland Ave. Turn left onto McCausland Ave. and keep left to turn onto Skinker Blvd. Turn right onto Lindell Blvd. Turn right into the Park on Cricket Drive, followed by a right onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will be on your right, with parking on your left.
- The Visitor Center is a 5-minute walk from the Forest Park–DeBaliviere MetroLink station.
- The Hampton 90 bus route travels north through the Park, stopping nearby at the History Museum.
- The Forest Park Explorer operates spring-fall with stops at the Visitor Center and other popular Park destinations.
- Other Metro Buses that make stops near Forest Park include:
- The Visitor Center is situated along the Park's Dual Path, making it an easy destination for cyclists.
- Bike racks are located both in front of and behind the building.
- Water fountains are located behind the building, with a fountain and bottle filler inside.
- There are several ADA parking spaces in the Visitor Center lots.
- There are ADA-compliant crosswalks across Grand Drive between the Visitor Center and parking lots.
- The front of the building has an ADA-compliant ramp.
- Both front and back doors have automatic door openers installed.